| Home | About| The Book | Hauntings & Investigations | Other Legends | Links | Contact |


Brandywine Falls

Brandywine Road
Boston Township, Ohio

History

A series of unfortunate events led to the abandonment of the small village of Brandywine. The site included an old mill, which itself suffered from bad luck... or possibly a curse. Several mills were built near the falls in the early 1800s by the Wallace family. By 1900, the failing mills were abandoned. Willis B. Hale purchased the mill at the falls, as well as the adjacent farmhouse, in 1907 and later turned the properties over to his son, Willis W. Hale. A shed on the property holding equipment for the Hale Electrical Company was struck by lightning and burned to the ground in 1918. The re-named Champion Electric Company purchased new equipment and built its operations on the ruins of the old mill. This building was also destroyed by lightning in 1937. It has remained abandoned ever since.

Hauntings

An angry spirit is believed to wander the area near the ruins and may have been responsible for a few of the many fatal (or near-fatal) accidents at the falls.

Back to Investigations


Photographs


A view of the original grist mill as it stood in the early 1900s.


The mill's broken water wheel after the Flood of 1913.


Champion Electric Company around 1933.


Documents

 


Site designed and maintained by Ken Summers | All content on this website is property of Ken Summers.
Use of website content and images without written permission is strictly prohibited. | Copyright © 2007 Ken Summers
Contact: moonspenders@yahoo.com