| Home | About| The Book | Hauntings & Investigations | Other Legends | Links | Contact |


Valley Railroad

Peninsula, Ohio

History

The Valley Railway first opened along the Cuyahoga River in 1880 to connect the coal-rich valley of the Tuscarawas River to Cleveland, Ohio. The faster transportation made the canal obsolete. The line was renamed the Cleveland, Terminal, and Valley Railway in 1895; financial difficulties forced the company to sell everything to the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad in 1915. Today, the track is used by the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and follows the original track route.

Hauntings

The apparition of a young man has been felt and witnessed near the cut north of Peninsula. Sometimes, people have heard the ringing sound of a hammer pounding on the tracks. Whether he was a worker or vagrant is still unknown.

 

Back to Investigations

 


Photographs


Peninsula Depot on the Valley Railway in 1880.


Man and dog under bridge over tracks north of Peninsula (1800s).


An unknown wreck on the Valley Railway near Peninsula.


A stock certificate for the Valley Railway Company.

Documents

 


Site designed and maintained by Ken Summers | All content on this website is property of Ken Summers.
Use of website content and images without written permission is strictly prohibited. | Copyright © 2007 Ken Summers
Contact: moonspenders@yahoo.com